I don’t know if you just happened to find yourself here or you saw my first post, either way, welcome to the first Magic System Review.
I’ve written a story on Penana called “Last Gods” which has a magic system that’s a nice springboard to talk about others like Nen, Charka or Ki. This is how we’ll do this:
- Basic Profile
- Usage in the Plot
- Final Thoughts
With the table of contents out the way, let’s get on with it.
- Name of System: Magic
- Power Type: Magic
- Method of Use: Primary- Thought and Secondary- Spoken
- Soft or Hard: Fluid Hard (Flimsy Soft-Soft-Fluid Hard-Hard)
- Rarity: Rare (Common-Uncommon-Rare-Unique-Legend)
- Notable Users: Kate and Hashi
This is a pretty basic magic system from the story “Last Gods”.
For the magic system it all begins with the universal term; Mana.
Mana here is an energy used by mages and some Mythics like Demons, Angels, Kirins, Dragons, etc.
It also exists in some places that these beings can draw on. These areas are like that because of an event in the past or because the Mythics lived there for a long time.
No one knows where Mana truly came from but it only naturally comes from mages and some Mythics like Angels and Demons.
You can break the Magic here into 5 schools called:
- Creation: This school focuses on the creation of potentially anything from nothing. Creation users need a basic knowledge of what they are creating and a good visual of that creation.The more they know, the better it is.The draw back is that you can’t control the creation, so no fire sword, must rely on gravity or natural propulsion for offense.
- Mind: This magic allows for illusions, dream manipulation and mind reading and communication.
- Healing: This is a school that heal wounds using mana but it…